When Mr and Mrs Sim with their baby were told that there were no more seats on the plane they were supposed to fly in, they were disappointed but little did they know that it was nothing but a second chance at life. The plane, MH17 eventually crashed killing all 298 passengers on board.

Daily Telegraph reports that Barry Sim, from Scotland, his wife Izzy, and their baby, were travelling to Amsterdam's Schiphol airport in a taxi when they heard about the crash. They had been due to catch flight MH17 to Malaysia earlier in the day, but were told they would have to switch to another plane.

Cradling her baby at the airport, Mrs Sim said: "I'm shaken. I don't even know what to do. I feel physically sick. I was coming from the Hilton (hotel) in The Hague to the airport in the taxi and I was just crying."I'm just thinking that I feel like I've been given a second chance, so hopefully we will get there (to Malaysia) safely and we will see my family again."


Mr Sim told the newspaper he also felt "sick" after hearing about his family's lucky escape, but added that he wanted to carry on with his life.

"In my mind lightning never strikes twice in the same place, so I am still philosophical that you get on the flight and you go about your life," he said

Flight MH17 was heading from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top