Immediate past governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, is set to make a return as governor as the state as he yesterday declared interest in contesting for the governorship seat in 2015 under the umbrella of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Ohakim had in an attempt to secure a second term in 2011,  lost to Owelle Rochas Okorocha of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He said his intention to vie for the seat was geared towards completing projects he started in the state which he said have been abandoned by the incumbent governor.

Speaking to journalists at the party’s secretariat, he said: “There is no need hiding my joy; this is the month of August, the month of my birth; another good news I have for you is that after completing my consultation, I have offered myself to complete my tenure as the governor of Imo State.

“Some people have said in publications that Ohakim forgot something in Government House; has Ohakim no shame? Yes, I have no shame and I am seeking the mandate to go back to the Government House to defend the mandate given to me before with my last blood.

“The man serving now has one term but I have more tenure to complete; the next fight would be to fight governor to governor, project to project and mandate to mandate,” Ohakim stated.

According to Leadership newspaper, Ohakim alleged that he left N28.6billion for the present administration in a hidden account, which he opined had been spent on frivolities by Okorocha’s government.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top