It was not a pretty sight last night for Manchester United fans, players, managers and stakeholders when they watched their side humiliated by MK Dons in the first game of the capital one club.



The disaster happened in the presence of 26, 969 spectators at the Stadium MK, same day Man U signed current most expensive player in the Premiership, Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid for £59.7million.


 The pictures were indeed not pretty for Man U



Manager Loius Van Gaal however tried to play down the humiliation in his post match comments:
His words: “Fans have to believe in our philosophy, we are building a team which we cannot make in one month or even one year. It’s very disappointing but I hope they maintain their confidence in our club.

“You have to analyse the problem and I’ve done that.

“We have nine injuries and a very young team. I have seen them trying to do their best so you cannot expect more. We made big errors and you can’t make these errors as it’s tough to come back. We didn’t have the luck to score but at least we have created a lot of chances”

He also said: “I have no regrets on the team selection. Don’t forget we have a young team and nine injuries and we have to play for the second time within 48 hours. I couldn’t play with the squad I used on Sundays so I had to look at the second team and the youth team.

“Of course I am disappointed but I can analyse this. Am I shocked? No, I am not shocked because I know what can happen and I know MK Dons played very well, very aggressively and they had a bit of luck also with the goals”


United fans’ anger skyroketted when they later saw Van Gaal casually sign autographs after the game, but the Dutchman again pleaded with them to have faith in his rebuilding project.

He said: ‘When you start as a manager in the Premier League with a home loss and then a draw and after that you lose a cup match then it is very disappointing. It’s very difficult for the fans to believe in my philosophy. But they have to do that because I am here to build up a new team and that takes time.

“I haven’t just been saying that this week, but last week and even when we were winning everything in the United States on our pre-season tour”

Now, some Man U fans have reportedly began to port, but still within their Manchester. See this:








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top