Nollywood Actress, Kate Henshaw, has decided to take a path similar to the one taken by Hollywood actor, Arnold Schwarzenegger.












Like Schwarzenegger did between 2003 and 2011, Henshaw has said that she would take a brief break from acting to face politics. The actress had on July 19, decalred her intention to contest for the Federal House of Representatives for Calabar Municipal/Odunkpani Federal Constituency under the PDP.

“Terminator” and “Commando” actor, Schwarzenegger had left acting to do politics in the United States when he was governor of California for two terms from 2003 to 2011. He has since returned to the acting business having featured in Sylvestre Stallone’s “old school star studded” action thriller, “The Expendables”.

Kate Henshaw said in a recent interview when asked how long the break would be: “Well, Well, I will take a break to serve the larger population of Nigeria. I won’t quit. Arnold Schwarzenegger was Governor and he is back to acting again. You take time off, you serve your people. I don’t hope to be there forever. I just want to do, make noise, leave when the ovation is loudest. That’s the best way. Yeah …I don’t want to be there for 10 years, 12 years, 16 years, that’s the best way. I want to do other things. 4-8 years, that’s the limit you can hold me to my word.”

On the financial muscle required to play politics in the country, she said:“There is no money. I can’t match the people who have been in the system for 20, 30 years. I am going with God and my heart”.

And if you are expecting her “to share the money”, think twice because she said:“I’m not sharing money. If you continue sharing money, it will never stop. If you want a change, a true change, then vote for me and you will see the change. But if you want money, hey, go for money and stay where you are and don’t even complain”



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top