Former Minister of Federal Capital Territory, FCT, and chieftain of All Progressive Congress, APC, Nasir El-Rufai on Tuesday announced his intention to vie for the post of Kaduna State Governor in 2015.

El-Rufai made the announcement on a visit to Fadan Kagoma, the hometown of former governor of Kaduna state, late Patrick Yakowa, who died in a helicopter crash in 2012.

Speaking at the palace of Kpop Gwong, Paul Zakka Wyoms, the former FCT minister paid tribute to Mr. Yakowa whom he described as a responsible and sincere leader whose death left a big vacuum in the polity of the state.

His words:“I came here to formally inform you of our decision to seek the highest office in our dear state. It is a demonstration of deep commitment to the peace, development and unity of Kaduna state. I am set and ready to move to action, justice is paramount to development and that is my direction. I am seeking your blessings and moral backing,”

“I am not new to our state; I did my primary school, secondary school and university in our state. And also practiced here in our state before moving to Abuja where we both served with Yakowa in General Abdulsalam Abubakar’s government, and so I know our problems and together we will run a responsible and participatory government together. Justice is paramount in development and unity of any nation.”

The former minister has continued his familiarization tour in Southern Kaduna area of the state ahead of his public declaration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top