A commercial sex worker has been sentenced to 100 days in prison by Magistrate Court sitting in Abuja, NAN reports.


The 23-year-old convict, Rosemary Ebikeme, pleaded guilty to stealing her customer’s $3200. She was however given an option of N5000 fine by the Senior Magistrate, Abdulahi Ilaleh.

Prosecutor Ona Odigiri had told the court that the complainant, Aleixandre Sachir of Tack Continental Estate, Life Camp, met Ebikeme in a cinema hall and took her to Waxride Hotel.

He said that the convict stole $3200 about N500,000 from the complainant on September 2 and eloped.

Odigiri said that when the convict came back to complainant on September 4, she was apprehended and handed over to the police.

The convict, however, pleaded guilty to the charge and begged the court to tamper justice with mercy.

“Please have mercy on me, I am a student and I am only looking for money to pay my school fees. I stole the money to do business so that I will not sell my body again for money please forgive me. I stole the money from him, even though he paid me N5,000 for my service, please have mercy in God’s name,’’ she pleaded.

The prosecutor said the offence contravened Section 288 of the Penal Code Law.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top