Last year, December 31, Robert Cerqua stabbed his identical twin brother to death after an argument broke out over a can of beer. He has now been sentenced to 13 years in prison by a Winchester crown court in the United Kingdom.

Christopher Cerqua, the deceased

Robert Cerqua, convicted for killing Christopher
Robert had stabbed his twin brother, Christopher with a kitchen knife. Sobbing in the witness box, Robert told the court that on the evening of the killing, he and Christopher sat at the kitchen table, drinking beer and singing together. An argument erupted when Christopher demanded a can of one of Robert’s beers and he refused.

According to the guardian UK, Robert told the jury: “When I looked up he turned round with a kitchen knife in his hand. He was glaring at me. I thought: ’I’ve got to get the knife’. My memory is a bit hazy but we scuffled.”

He said he heard Christopher “yelp” and continued: “I looked down and I had the knife in my hand.” He could see no blood but realised that he had “caught him”.

He also told the court that even though they had been inseparable as kids, he and his brother often fought after they had been drinking, claiming that Christopher was addicted to strong cannabis.

They were both 31 at the time of the incident and had been sharing a bedroom at the family home in Hythe, Hampshire.

The report said “the twins’ father, Peter, tried to save Christopher, while their mother, Denise, made a frantic 999 call. Robert ran out of the house without stopping to put on his shoes. “I panicked. I didn’t realise how badly he was hurt,” he said. “I wasn’t hanging around.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top