Fire gutted the Better Life plank section of Bodija market in Ibadan on Thursday destroying property worth millions of naira. About 50 shops were said to have been destroyed in the inferno.


The prompt response of men of the fire service helped to stop the fire from spreading to other parts of the market.

Many of the shop owners and eyewitness could not say what caused the fire.

PM News however reported the Baale Onipako of the market, Chief Ezekiel Agbola as saying: “I was called on my phone immediately the incident happened and I left my house and came down to see things by myself. I felt bad when I saw our property destroyed by fire. But I must thank the men of fire service who responded on time. I saw them working hard to put out the fire. If not for their prompt response, the situation would have been worse than this”

A shop owner, Mr. Segun Okeowo, was quoted by the news medium as saying that he lost some furniture doors and chairs which the owners had paid for.

His words:“I had almost finished those chairs. The owners have paid for them. I don’t know what to tell the owners and I don’t know how to get the money to do another one for them. I need help”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top