Someone asked, “Who told Brendan Rodgers that when a Leopard arrives Anfield, it changes its spots?

Liverpool were comfortably and convincingly beaten at home, 3-0 but one man’s “ridiculous” action is about to overshadow that fact. In fact, many fans would forgive Cristiano Ronaldo who broke another record in Anfield (his first Anfield goal) and Kareem Benzema who scored a brace to silent them. But they would “tear Balotelli to pieces”


The Mario ridiculously swapped shirts with Real Madrid defender, Pepe at half time. It was more painful because he did it when his team was three goals down!

While local publication, Liverpool Echo called for Balotelli to apologise openly to Liverpool fans, Manager Brendan Rodgers who pulled the striker off in what he described as “tactical”, has said he would reprimand the player for his action.

Last season, Rodgers punished Mamadou Sakho who exchanged shirts with Samuel Eto’o in the same fashion.

DailyMail reports Rodgers as saying: “I had a similar incident last year and it was dealt with internally. It's exactly the same. I heard about it when I came off pitch. If you want to do that, it's something you do at end of the game and something I will deal with.

“I needed more movement centrally to occupy their centre halves and I felt Raheem Sterling's speed would give us that. In the second half you could see every player pressing and working – for us that's the minimum. Lallana came on and did it very well. Raheem played in position a bit alien to him".

But Jamie Carragher of Sportsmail said on Sky: “I can't change the way I feel about Balotelli and that is nothing to do with what he's done in a Liverpool shirt. It's what he's done at Manchester City and AC Milan.

“Do I think he's going to be here long-term? No, I'd be surprised to see him here next season if I'm being honest. Rafa Benitez was here a few years, bought Robbie Keane and sold him in January. It might not be that quick but I'd be surprised if Mario Balotelli is at the club next season.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top