Even though the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been ordered to recall sacked former coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi, the coach has said that he has not decided whether he would accept the offer to return.


He was axed as the national team coach earlier this month and was replaced by a consortium of coaches led by Shaibu Amodu, who happened to be the NFF technical director.

But the intervention of Goodluck Jonathan in the current NFF crisis and a reported request from Amodu to recall Keshi, prompted the possibility of Keshi getting his old job back.

After meeting with Sports Minister, Tammy Danagogo on Thursday, the 52-year-old tactician said: “It is a very, very difficult decision. I am not sure I would say 'no' for now or 'yes' to the order.

“I still have to think about it because we all want peace. I want a settled mind before making the decision. I don't have issues with anybody because life is too short. This is my country. I am always willing to offer my service”.

He added: “If I desperately wanted a contract, I would have opted for the offer made by Equatorial Guinea because the offer they made was bigger than what Nigeria offered. But this is my country and I want to serve it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our site we will get back to you.

 
Top